Down on Beaverbrook: Road results…

After the excitement of progressing the scenic aspects of Beaverbrook over the weekend, it wasn’t long before that stretch of painted road extended a little further…


Moving across the rails and along Beaverbrook street, the finish achieved is just as I hoped. A combination of a faded subtle and varied colour with just a hint of texture…


The result balances the layouts actors perfectly. No longer are models low lit from light reflecting off the white card. Now things are beginning to have a sense of realism until now I had only hoped the layout would encompass. Yes, there is no grass and scrub, yes that warehouse isn’t finished BUT the scene is full of promise.


There is thankfully still a long wait to go, I am enjoying the pace of this layout build. It allows me time to mull over decisions yet run trains when I want, practice whatever skills I have the desire for in a given evening. The perfect tonic and foil to the day job of recreating your dreams and memories. Until next time, more soon…

Comments

  1. I love the texture you achieved on the road surface ... and overall look of the pavement. Like everything you do, it just looks so right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob that’s so kind. I hope it inspires others to move away from more mainstream and accepted methods, plaster is a pain and painted plasticard can never really look like a road. This is my art though, and my hand. Others have their own methods.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.