Catching a train…

We have decided, we’re going…
Our destination unknown but the first step clear,
Alone but in the company of strangers,
Apprehensive but calmed by the familiarity of process and order.


When I travel by train I often wonder at what stories my fellow passengers would tell of their lives, loves and their journey today. 

We are brought together in that carriage by the act of catching a train, hence sharing a moment. A familiar and safe, mostly predictable partner on that day, that time… those rails. That route to those places.

Railways are wonderful metaphors.
I find them incredibly soothing.

Until next time, more soon…


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.




Comments

  1. The backscene is incredibly effective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James, a photo I took at the real location and tweaked and desaturated to work on the model.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.