Commission: Talyllyn stock in 009...

You might be forgiven for thinking you're seeing double! I recently completed two sets of four vehicles from the Westcliff Works range of 009 kits...


These 3D printed models are well designed and printed in a brittle yet high quality resin that responds well to gentle finishing. The carriages build up into good representations of the prototype. They require couplings, wheels and finishing materials (transfers and paint, glazing) to complete.


The roofs are printed as separate parts which makings adding passengers a breeze, as well as allowing an easier installation of glazing. I painted these using my usual Humbrol Enamels (220 for the red, 62 for the brown). They finishing touch are the decals from Endon Valley. I have used the Peco couplings and NEM mounts to finish them off, but Greenwich would be an even easier option by bending the tail to tuck in behind the buffer beam.


If you have a dream of a rake of suitable stock for one of the plethora of ready to run 009 locomotives, wagons or carriages, get in touch and we can look at options and work together to create something unique to your requirements. You can reach me on the contact form here, or via email if you visit my Facebook page (no Facebook account required). Until next time, more soon...


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments