For Sale: Pont Dulas in N...

It doesn't seem that long ago that I had dreams of building a Cambrian layout. Plans even, with George, for something quite distinctive. Stock was collected too, and Ynys Las built Christmas 2022 as a test piece...


Alas - the project stalled. George's circumstances changed and the time available to us both meant it wasn't going to happen in the short term. Models were put in boxes and I moved on to other things. However, the farm house and Sulzers kept nudging me to create something. 

Pont Dulas was never intended to be 'that' thing. Instead, it followed its own story, inspired by a book about the lines north of Carmarthen but with a smattering of the Cardigan branch thrown in - however it did end up providing a home for the farm and just by it's nature, has something of the character of a Welsh secondary route... I wondered how my 24 and short pick up goods might look...


The answer was 'magic'. 

I love the composition on this layout - but also - I love the finish on the gently re-worked models (although the unfitted 16t could do with a touch darker weathering - I keep forgotting when the paint is out!). I think it goes to show the potential of a realism previously considered unobtainable in N. I am no master craftsman, I practice and I focus on neatness in composition, finish and colour palette. The results feel immersive and create a gentle longing for a larger scene in N...

This small cameo layout is now 'for sale'. It is 'finished' for me and I could do with the space (and money) to move onto fresh ideas. 60cm long, about 25cm deep with integral LED lighting, there is a lot of me in this one! Two scratchbuilt buildings, 3 large detailed oaks and a lot of lovingly crafted scenery... I am asking for £600, collection only from my workshop come studio in North Wales (near Llangollen). If you're interested let me know on the contact form, or via email on my Facebook page.

The 'trainset' that formed part of the project containing a unique and re-finished Pannier, 2 opens, 1 milk tank, 1 van and 1 brake - plus controller and oval of track is also available for £250.


I've enjoyed sharing space with this project. It has been a wonderful muse and has taught me a lot. That said, it is time to move on and look forward to what follows. If you're interested in the full layout story, the catalog of blog posts that document its gestation and creation are ::here:: . Until next time though, more soon...

EDIT: Suitable rolling stock to display on the layout is also now available!


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments