On Video: A visit to Leatown...

As my latest commission layout is completed I've put together the 'usual' video overview...

Click the image to watch on :: YouTube ::

A lack of suitable DCC locomotives means we're all ambience and discussion. I hope the dialogue and walk through of the project prove interesting, thought provoking, perhaps inspirational? If you have any questions do leave them as comments and I'll do my best to get back to you. If you're interested in the Layout Design Process then get in touch to discuss how it works and what to expect, and to see if it could help you on your journey. In the meantime, I'll share a photo update of the project at a later date. More soon...


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments

  1. Hi James
    Found your video really interesting. It packs a lot of operating potential in a small space along with a very atmospheric scene “on stage” . Living on the edge of east London in the 1970’s Leetown reminds me of my commuting into Liverpool Street and also my first visits to industrial railways in the late 60’s and early 70’s. The station is so very reminiscent of Angel Road but without the gas works. I never manged to get to T W Ward’s machinery works and scrap yard down the Silverton Tramway or unfortunately any of the PLA system but I did see parts of Samuel Williams’ system at Dagenham Dock and Esso’s oil and bitumen plant –Harrisons Wharf- at Purfleet. These visits, as my memory (photos ) from fifty plus years ago say, had some of that run down river-side industrial feel you have captured in Leetown.
    I imagine your customer is very pleased with the results
    Best Regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alan. I find these layouts seem to connect with people for similar but distinctly different reasons. They seem to be just blank enough as a canvas to allow us to find our own story in their form.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.