Commission: Ffestiniog 90s diesel pair...

The latest pair of 009 models for Ben's 'Pony Lodge' 009 layout rolled off the workbench metaphorically a few weeks ago and he has been sharing their arrival on his Instagram for a week or so...


I'll be honest, I'm not sure of the provenance of the kits - he sourced them on eBay I believe. Whilst resin printed and generally quite nice there are a few foibles that needed some gentle re-work. The laser cut glazing was generally a poor fit on both locomotives and the roof in particular on Conwy was terrible. Most of these small annoyances have been overcome and the results are full of 1990s character. I know Ben was keen to represent the era, and I'm glad to have done the modelling work - story telling now fully in his corner.

 

The addition of etched plates from Custom Nameplate Studio and then handrails and jewel lenses on Conwy have lifted the otherwise quite basic finish. The result, whilst not matching the quality of Mountaineer in recent times is still an important part of the picture and I'm glad to have helped in this instance.

If you have a model you'd like me to help you in bringing to life, any scale, any gauge, any prototype then do let me know and I can work with you to create a fixed price proposal. In the meantime though, more soon...



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments