Visitors to Paxton Road…

I have fully embraced the ‘collect all the things’ side of my N gauge journey. This is a shameless nostalgic wander through childhood ‘photo albums’ of blue diesels and sectorisation with a healthy dose of train spotting thrown in for good measure…


Since Christmas there have been two locomotives join the ranks here, thank goodness they have such small boxes! The first hasn’t really graced the blog previously, above, the second has had a series written about its conversion (below) but whilst neither is specifically ‘for’ Paxton Road, they both feel home.

These models are wonderful creations by the design and tool makers, but adding my own flourishes bring them to life in my eyes. The repainted 37 and weathered 31 take in tones echoed in the scenery they inhabit… but it’s more than that.

This isn’t about them looking right, it’s about them feeling right.


They feel right, sat in this ‘goods yard’ environment because I’ve experienced seeing real locomotives sat in real sidings, the excitement to find something exotic and the yearning to see it move but soaking up every inch of its static being all the same.

I love model railways. Until next time more soon…

Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments