Pannier: What are you still doing here?

"I'm going to sell that Pannier set" I told myself, "once Pont Dulas is finished, I'm going to sell it". Well nearly 2 months on and it's still here, what is going on?


Perhaps it is my love of Panniers, perhaps it is the simple pleasure of enjoying scenes like this, perhaps it is the thought that I'll miss it when it's gone... perhaps I just haven't had the time.

Perhaps too, this post is a chance to see if anyone would take on this humble locomotive, its wagons, brake, circle of track and controller and give them a new home where they can be enjoyed more frequently than they are here? I suppose I'd be looking for £250 including the two extra wagons (van above, and the milk tank wagon), all boxed in their weathered and repainted state. They all still sport standard N couplings and are great looking, great running custom 'one off' models.

What still of Pont Dulas - for now, no decision has been made on its future. It is slightly 'out of the way' so thoughts of clearing the space for something new are not frequent and the joy I find welling up inside when I look at photographs like this, plus the regret I find myself experiencing when I consider the sale of Ynys Las mean it can live here a while long - although - for the right price...

Until next time, more soon...


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments