Canadian GE70t labelled up...

My Bachmann GE70t conversion has reached that wondrous stage where it begins to show real promise as the livery comes alive...
Over the past few weeks I’ve managed to paint it to this stage, starting with the light grey, then the red, then black. The handrails were then hand painted and touched up. The chassis has also had the re-railer fitted and the fuel tank has been cut down in size to better match the prototype.  
The transfers are from the same sheet I used for the S13, and have been easy to apply over the gloss paintwork. Once they’ve dried and I’ve eliminated any slivering and got them to settle over the bonnet grills, I will seal it with dull cote. The final stage will be adding details, glazing amd finishing with weathering to bring the diesel to life... in the meantime the switches and wire have arrived for Kinross, and I’ve finished painting the sleepers on it as well, so progress is being made on several fronts. Still a few days of holidays left here, so I hope to make some more progress before restarting commission work. In the meantime, I hope you’re all staying safe, more soon...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.