Dyfrdwy Tramway: Winter hibernation...

It’s been terribly cold over the past week, and today the weather broke, warmed and turned to rain. However I did manage a few photos despite being under the weather...
The snow was never really deep enough to completely blanket the tramway, but did lend a wintry feel to the view, and the snow almost felt in scale down at the wharf.
Looking at this view at the mill siding makes me wish I’d built some structure here, so that is definitely a plan for this year, if at all possible, along with a water tank to sit in the bank above the gate to refill the steam locomotive from a mountain spring.
The wintry low sun, white snow and dull colours blend together beautifully, I can’t wait to get the line running again in the spring. Until next time, more soon..,

Comments

  1. I am full of admiration for your garden Railway. I would say that it’s just about the only one I have seen which actually looks part of the landscape. Let’s see more,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Philip that is very kind, you will of course see more this year, once the weather has a more settled warmer period I can get on with clearing the track and repairing some of the walls.

      Delete
  2. I rather like the Mill siding looking desolate. I would worry a structure might detract from it. Perhaps just a loading bank would work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel it needs, at the least, a bothy or office and some means of moving slate slabs off the wagons... I also want to add the lines water supply here...

      I take your point at the desolate statement, I will endeavour to maintain that feeling of out in the hills.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.