In parallel...

I often find that I work on models in parallel, it not only allows you to make best use of your modelling time, but the ability to choose which model appeals most...
Those parallels don’t always relate to the themes of each model, but always to the tasks in hand. After a hard day poring over etched brass kit instructions for a commission, and spraying customer models it’s lovely to sit back and spend time on unconnected yet similar items. Here, the first parallel is all three models here have had decals applied in the past couple of days, so will be heading for a sealing coat of dull-cote together tomorrow. The saddle tank and tank car were sprayed black yesterday together, to make best use of airbrushing time, a second connection. The parallels here do mean all of these are North American prototypes, but different gauges, scales and era. The small 009 Porter is from the Yukon in the 1920s, whereas the box car and tank car are destined for Claremont in New Hampshire in the 1970s. I find the disparate yet parallel nature of my modelling fascinating to observe when I stand back, and immensely enjoyable when I’m in the thick of it...

Comments