Claremont and Concord early progress...

Although the Claremont Paper layout scheme I shared earlier this week is a medium term goal work continues on a few smaller projects for the Claremont and Concord...
As means of a short update here is the Bachmann 44t, stripped down, primed and sprayed Humbrol Gloss 220. I have filled and smoothed the seams around the cab roof and the mould lines on the bonnet edges, carved off the handles and drilled holes for their replacement, post decals. Once this has had a few days to harden I shall mask the body, and spray the frames black Humbrol gloss 21, the truck frames will be sprayed silver Met11 at the same time...
Meanwhile, the Lifelike 8000 gallon tank car has had the decals fitted, as I’ve shared in a previous post. The plan will be to weather the loco, tank and the two box cars o have put aside for this project in one go so they share the same palette of colour and a family likeness.
Finally, please excuse the mess under my desk, the track plan has been transposed on to paper to check it fits in the planned space, and begin to understand the gradient profile. This will need some testing, and may suit some hand made turnouts better but for now I’ve used Peco Code 75 shirt Y points to prove things work. It’s funny, I always felt it was the sharp curves that characterised the Claremont streetcar trackage for me, but actually it was the gradients involved, and so I hope to be able to make this a workable plan with the Spectrum 44t, which is a touch light on its feet. In the meantime, more soon...


Comments