Kinross: Tree planting...

Earlier in the week I managed to find some energy and time to work on the trees for Kinross. This morning I added some foliage...
This is a mix of Greenscenes scatter over Woodland Scenics foliage. The foliage is cut into shapes and teased out to be thin and more 3D, and glued on the branches with tony drops of PVA. Over this structure scatter is added ans secured using Peco-scene layering spray. The Poplar is quite successful, the larger tree less so... I added some postiche and further scatter to add more bulk, but some kind of airy nature and Inthink it’s passable, and looks great in place and neatly hides the place the Visser warehouse touches the backscene. The smaller tree has been placed in the right foreground, to soften the edge of the scene. A lot of scrubby coniferous trees will be needed at this end.
Here you can see the trees prior to installation. They’re not fixed on the layout, but I’ve drilled mounting holes, they will be bedded in when the scenery is complete around them. I will perhaps build a few more trees this evening and tomorrow for the right hand side... the next project will then be the warehouse.
Despite it being early days I’m feeling that this is good progress and I’m happy with how it’s beginning to look and the emotions it stirs. You may think that as a seasoned modeller this is all my bread and butter, but I’ve really pushed myself here to try new techniques and trees are one of those things I’ve always put off, so I hope that encourages you with your own modelling. Until next time, more soon...

Comments