Just because…

A new arrival here, for no other reason other than memories. I have owned one of the excellent Hornby B2 Peckett models previously and had promised myself I wouldn't buy another, however childhood memories of Henbury at Bristol Docks have led to this... 


So, yes I know the B2 isn't what Henbury is, but this livery is exactly how my mind remembers him and with that as justification I will add some etched plates to that effect and pretend I'm 7 or 8 standing on the harbour watching him shuttle back and forth, or perhaps persuading my parents we really should have a ride in the GWR Toad brake van. Memories sometimes are worth indulging, they help remind us of why we do this hobby. I think it's amazing that a model of this quality is available out of a box, of a prototype near enough to that rose tinted fuzzy warm child memory... anyhow, we shall see where it leads, I'll enjoy it as it is for now. Until next time, more soon...

Comments