Down on Beaverbrook: Canadian Pacific or CP Rail…

A weekend ahead and whilst the gardening is taking priority a short post lunch operating session on Beaverbrook…


The GP20c-eco is a Briggs kit that I finished earlier this year. It’s V8 EMD710 prime mover sounds distinctive and modern compared to the 567 and 645 power in my other locomotives. As a result the contrast between old and new matches up to the two images of Canadian Pacific here, with the locomotive sporting the latest red with full Canadian Pacific sans Beaver crest and the ex Soo covered hopper with the earlier CP Rail, from an era when Canadian Pacific operated an airline and shipping (CP Air and CP Ships) as well as hotels and more, I’m sure I’ve glossed over this extensive history a little too quickly but it’s Saturday and I’ve got the grass to get back to! Enjoy the weekend and grab what train time you can. More soon…

Comments