Commission: Col. Stephens Terrier in OO…

A few years ago I repainted a 'new' Hornby Terrier into a pseudo Colonel Stephens dark green livery and named the result 'Hecate'. I was asked to replicate the model, but this time named Hesperus...

Whereas I started with the blue Terrier named 'Rolvenden' this time my customer supplied the latest release 'Bodiam'. I began by removing the red lining and sanding smooth the existing crest on the side tank with fine wet and dry paper before removing the cab from the body and separating the glazing. 


The work only involved a repaint and naming, no weathering. I chose to use the same Humbrol dark satin green 195, applied by airbrush. The same colour was carefully painted onto the wheels, ensuring that the inside faces of the spokes were also painted. The smokebox and cab roof were picked out with matt black 33, buffer beams in 174 and the metal work touched in with brass paint. Name plates were ordered from Custom Nameplate Studio, painted and affixed to the tank sides before she was given a coat of lacquer.


The result is as pleasing as my own version, and I hope my customer enjoys putting it to use on his planned light railway layout. If you have a model you'd like me to re-work to represent a specific prototype do get in touch for a personal proposal. Until next time, more soon...

Comments