Friday Update: Twenty-eight Four Twenty-three…

Where has the last week gone? And what’s more, next week is just 4 days! Things have been really busy for me here which I expect has some impact on the space time continuum... 


I’m incredibly lucky to call my passion and hobby my job, and despite spending hours every day working on models for other people I do find time to enjoy my own - sat here, above early in the week operating Paxton Road 2 and contemplating the plans discussed yesterday for its replacement. Funny thing is I’m now sat typing this with new glasses on, so even they are now a sign of progress.


Although I’ve done a few new identities on our Planet Industrials Victory, this is the first time I’ve been asked to consider applying Southern markings. A basic commission, apply the markings, paint and fit a crew and light weathering it’s been good fun revisiting this model. I’ll do a proper write up next week as this one is nearly finished now.

 

After a lead time of over 4 months, and deep apologies from my friendly supplier, the custom designed etched metal parts have arrived to add a little better detail to the SAR class 91 I’ve been building in 16mm/ft scale. They include things like the grill surrounds, roof grill, lifting eyes, door hinges and door catches. I’ve also got window surrounds and wipers to fit once she is painted, which hopefully won’t be too long now. It’s great to see this come together, a big job from last year that seems to have been hanging around in the workshop for a long time now!

Neil Davies photo.

A few customer photos came in this week from Neil (above) and Alan (below) showing projects I’ve undertaken for them here in North Wales on their own home layouts. Neil has added an Osborn Models crew to his Hunslet and Alan has enjoyed working the logging operations on his H0 scale project.

Alan Sewell photo.

I managed to find a Farish Mk1 second for not ridiculous money on eBay this week so snapped it up. With the small dummy short knuckle couplers the coaches are as close as you’d like, no gap to be seen. I will add DG to the outer ends and the 37 in time. The small cameo now needs either ballast or a mock up of the bridge and rear hill making, or both, a job for the weekend perhaps?


I’ve also got a few other N gauge projects for Paxton Road incoming, and will share more on those next week once parts have been acquired to complete things. Beaverbrook has also been running again this week, and is in desperate need of another structure or two to be built up, so perhaps that may also start this weekend / Bank Holiday. I hope you manage to find some projects you can get on with over the long weekend yourself, and do stop by as I’ve got some more things as always to talk about here on the blog. Until next time though, more soon…


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.


Comments