Commission: Bishopsbourne on video…

Last year I worked with a customer on a layout scheme called Bishopsbourne. Over the past few months I've been working hard to turn this scheme into a reality...



This video is a talk through the physical layout, but would be best watched after reading that original post. Whilst scenically complete and fully operational it is not 'finished' - as specified by my customer who hopes to be able to add his own touches to the layout in time. Working through the design process together helped identify exactly what he wanted, and the layout will shortly be leaving here and heading it's new home.


If you've enjoyed the video it's worth checking out my YouTube channel, there are both workshop videos as well as layout tours covering my own projects and some commissions. Until next time, more soon...



Comments

  1. Great stuff, James!
    The cameo is a very good example of "less is more"...the real location in the Elham Valley is still one of those hidden places in densely populated Kent.
    I like the idea of a painted "shadow" in the tunnel...I was thinking of painting the far ends of the two bridges on my little N gauge diorama (which I must get back to); this shows that it should work well.
    That ex-GWR Collett brake compo with the tiny guards van makes a great single coach train and a nice change from the ubiquitous auto-coach. I have both Collett and Hawksworth designs of this type of coach in my N gauge collection and have seen a nice photo of a 16XX pannier tank hauling one of the latter in West Wales in the early 1960s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, good luck with the N project. I think the shading will work well for you… agreed about the Bachmann Collett coach, it’s from childhood as is the Dapol 14xx. You’re thinking of the Cardigan branch, or Cardi-bach as it was known locally, one of the reasons my 16xx is 1659.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.