Llangollen Railway: From the bike…

A quiet weekend and in between painting at home a chance to get out on the bike and attempt to rediscover some of my pre-Covid fitness. I took the camera along as I knew the blue 104 was running on the railway…


But before I left home I managed to grab this shot (below ) of the unit rounding the corner between Deeside Halt and Glyndyfrdwy. It is wonderful to be able to stroll 100 yards from my front door and be able to watch this scene.


Carrog is not too far and along the quiet back lane it’s a pleasant ride with a few short gradients which sadly tested me more than I would have liked! Watching the train arrive at Carrog was lovely, and I grabbed a few shots from angles that I have not tried before before turning for home and getting a second coat of paint on the walls!


It’s easy to take what you have for granted, before Covid I didn’t even think about my fitness. These days if I have a cold I can even get out of breath going upstairs, I mention it here from time to time as unless you too have suffered the effects of long Covid, or perhaps an ME (chronic fatigue) then you probably can’t really imagine just how frustrating and upsetting this condition is. Little, often, and don’t overdo it. I’m hoping this year is a chance to rebuild. I guess we’ll see…


No road bike for me here, the back lanes are beat to hell and covered in mud - I appreciated being on my old 26 inch wheeled mountain bike. Old and a little past it, but still cool, or at least I think so perhaps like me!!!


All these photos of the railway live in albums on my Flickr, the latest ‘Llangollen Railway 2023’ is here. Until next time more soon…


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments

  1. Orange? I've still got a 26" Inbred from about 2000, 1 gear V brakes no suspension. It gets ridden about once a year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cotic… it’s the go to bike when the kids want to ride in the lanes, the Orange feels overkill for that!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.