Commission: 009 Baldwin makeover…

This Bachmann 009 Baldwin started life as a Snailbeach example and sound fitted too! I was asked to de-whiten it and add some personal touches for my customer…


I have my own version of this model but had never stripped one down. It turned out to be relatively straight forward although perhaps not for the feint hearted. Fitting a blanking plate allowed me to run it in and confirm operation before work started. In pieces it was easier to mask the cab interior, pop out the glazing and respray the model in black. Buffer beams were picked out in red, etched plates added and the whole thing sealed with lacquer before re-assembly.

 

These Bachmann models, although a little light to handle, are actually superb little machines. They adapt with personalisation so readily, perhaps because so many were modified and owned by various railways after their use in the Great War. If you’d like me to breathe some life into a model in your collection, perhaps personalise it or weather it, perhaps even just repair or improve its running get in touch for a no obligation proposal. Until next time, more soon…


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments