On Video: Mindful Painting…

I’ve done a few videos now where I’ve intentionally slowed the pace and focused upon the task. I’ve talked about how becoming more ‘in the moment’ can enrich the task, your hobby…


In this latest video I invite you to watch paint dry… sorry I’m joking, no I’m just painting something non consequential on a layout commission, a job I’m sure many of us rush through to get to the exciting stuff. Instead I pause to hear the birds, to enjoy the music I’m listening to and to reflect that if we make time for our hobby rather than squeezing it around modern life it can reward us in ways we hadn’t realised. 

Until next time, more soon…


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments

  1. I found the video very thoughtful and much more interesting than the old saying about watching paint dry or go on!! Please do more

    Best regards

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about this little video today whilst filling in the gaps in copperclad sleepers. Radio on, tea to hand, dog at feet, raining outside...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.