Commission: Modern train set…

It’s always so refreshing working on customer layout design work because it can be so varied, in this instance my customer was actually initially wanting to just copy a larger scale layout in N…


Sometimes working through the process can evolve or refine a position. We talked about other ideas ask the shortcomings of compressing a layout to N scale but whilst I was personally quite excited by some of these ideas they weren’t hitting the spot for my customer. We returned to the inspiration and distilled what were the key elements to keep in a smaller composition.


The result is a caricature yes, but none the less a pleasing and workable compression. The off stage area is also quite important in this scheme as it completes the run around and offers greater operational flexibility. The whole off stage area would be completed to a high standard so that the area almost becomes a display in itself. If you would like help working through your ideas and developing a meaningful and well illustrated scheme then get in touch, my layout design process now starts from £180 and you can contact me through the form in the menu here on the website or via email using my Facebook page (no account required), link on the Modelmaking Commissions page. Until next time, more soon…


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments