Commission: Typical dirty Victory...

It almost feels another life time ago that Steve and I brought the OO gauge Victory in to the world. Despite working on over 100 of your models I still enjoy breathing life and character into every one...


This maroon example has had a few of the bits bag parts added to mark it out differently from my customers other example. The GWR steps at the front make a difference and I love the look of the red sand boxes with their lining so these went on too! 


Weathering is the usual 3 stage process - a wash on the chassis and lower body, tank tops, boiler top and smokebox. Partially removed with a wide flat brush on the top of the boiler to give a little streaking. Airbrushed to soften the transitions - it sounds simple of course, but this is a process honed by hours of practice but the results, I hope speak for themselves. This model is then finished off with coal in the bunker, etched plates on the bunker sides and a Modelu Planet Industrials crew.


If you would like me to bring your model to life then get in touch using the contact form here on the website or via email (use the Facebook link on the Modelmaking Commissions page) or any of the forum messaging services. I'm on NGRM and RMWeb. I am lucky to call this my job, and even luckier that you all support me by reading this and spending your hard earned money on my modelling. Thank you. Until next time, more soon...


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments