Maenofferen Hudson Hunslet in primer...

The batch of Hudson Hunslet from 2020 had one model left, that I agreed with the customer to delay into 2021. I've been adding the final detail parts in the last few months and it's now in primer...
The prototype worked at Maenofferen slate quarry at Blanau Ffestiniog, I say worked, it arrived, had it's controls cut down and cab removed and then was still too tall for the adit, so was abandoned out of use before being saved for preservation.
Now situated at Bala, the real locomotive is undergoing a long re-build after parts were damaged and others stolen over the intervening years. However, it is hoped it will soon be back in one piece. I've modified 'the standard' offering to represent this prototype as well as possible, as I did with the cabless example from the first batch in 2019. However, there are few things to adjust, and these will be done along with filling and smoothing before painting can begin.
I do love seeing a model in primer, and this prototypes chunky and unique buffers and coupling boxes (different each end) go a long way to giving this model a completely different feel from all those I've done before. This year I'm working on two 7/8ths projects, one is still 'under wraps' but promises to be very special, the second is a Ruston LAB/T (a late model Ruston) based on the example at Oakley quarry, which will feature my usual mix of materials and be a bespoke hand made model rather than based on any existing products. Get in touch via the contact form, Facebook or the forums if you're interested, or have another prototype you'd like me to create in the garden scales. In the meantime, more soon...

Comments