Dyfrdwy Tramway: First steam of 2021...

I did say I was going to sell my live steam 7/8ths locomotive due to lack of use...
Every time I use it, or even look at it in the garden though my heart sings. There is something about me that just loves preparing her, lighting her up, waiting for steam and then the sound and smells of the steam in the garden. Yes it’s butane not coal, and yes it’s a faff, and it’s dirty, and it means tidying up the line for a run, but it’s special.
She ran well after lack of use over the winter. I’ve got the throttle well adjusted now after I replaced the O ring last year, but I’d forgotten the safety valve is lifting, at 25psi so this needs tackling next. However I also need another can of fuel as I’m all out after today’s run. This might encourage the completion of the Dyfrdwy Tramway’s growing list of projects. In the meantime if you’ve a large scale commission I can look at let me know, from painting and lining to building get in touch on the website, forums or Facebook. More soon... 

Comments

  1. I have commented on this before but I have never seen an outdoor railway that manages to blend in with the landscape so beautifully. Is your track bedded into cement? looks far better than the usual overscale ballast used on most garden lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Philip, yes it is bedded in cement. Peco SM32 track under there...

      Delete
  2. Good to see steam at the tramway! The 7/8ths stuff is what brought me here initially and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Plenty more this year I’m sure...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.