Friday Update: Two Four Twenty-one...

In a week where progress on my own project has started and the kids are off school again (!) for Easter I’ve still managed progress on the current two big commissions...

This Backwoods 009 Taliesin has been a labour of love... the chassis went together fairly easily but the drive has been tricky, and initially very much a coffee grinder. The pickup design is also fairly poorly thought out and perhaps over engineered as there is hardly any space between the frames and the wheels so I’ve swapped it for my own basic simple design of 0.45mm phosphor bronze wire rubbing on the wheel treads. Tweaking and adjusting I’ve improved matters and it’s ironed out a lot of the noise and it’s a lot smoother. It’s painted and now waiting for its lining transfers which I designed to fit each panel, we’ll see how well my measuring was next week, definitely on the home straight now, very excited to see it coming together...
Second up the Paddington diesel is looking very very nearly there, it needs a slight weathering to tone down the bear (sorry couldn’t resist) wood and chipped paint, but I’m pleased with the variety of textures I’ve achieved and the detail feels chunky enough for this size... glazing soon, and then off to its new home after Easter... plenty more exciting and varied commissions waiting in line from repaint to complete layout builds. I’m always happy to discuss your project and have capacity to take on more work towards the end of the summer so get in touch to pencil in your project now! I’m expecting plenty of weathering commissions for our Planet Industrials ‘Victory’ in September so worth getting in touch now and not leaving it as I’ve got a 3-6 month waiting list depending on scope... contact me via the form on the website or via Facebook.
I’m looking forward to working on my own projects over the weekend, and then a few days off next week should see the lighting added to Kinross, possibly it’s second fiddle stick too... I’ve also got some more materials on the way to build the lighting pelmet for Beaverbrook. I hope you have a relaxing and restful Easter, until next time, more soon...

Comments