Friday Update: Thirty Four Twenty-one...

This week seems to have literally flown by, and I don't feel like much has happened - I seem to have spent most of it infront of the laptop and pouring over photos and drawings...
That's not to say it's been dull, or un-productive... just an important step from time to time and it's exciting to be starting work on the next 'project' locomotive (whilst the last Hudson Hunslet is waiting painting now). I've also taken a look at another 009 prototype for a kit, and am hoping we can push on with some of the work Steve and I did with the Canopus kit I designed last year (still waiting on turning the masters into castings). 

At home, you can see that the new H0 layout in the clean part of the workshop, along the wall above half of the book collection, takes up a lot of the view now - I intend to paint the underside of the shelving white in time... despite it's size its a really welcome stage, to be able to mock up and run trains. I've enjoyed playing with all my US outline models and have gained so much pleasure from shuffling a box car up and down two yards of track! I'm looking forward to some nice weather this weekend, hoping to run a train or two outside, and investigate the safety valve on the live steam engine, possibly to send away for refurbishment. In the meantime, I hope you have a good weekend. More soon...


Comments