Friday Update: Twenty-three Four Twenty-one...

A busy week of smaller jobs this week, as well as packaging a massive restock of Planet Industrials transfers, hopefully they’ll be in stock at Light Railway Stores early next week... 
I received the Custom Nameplate Studio etched plates for my Modelrail Rapido 16xx pannier. These are now painted and fitted so if I get a chance I’ll press on with some weathering. I’ve seen George Dent has weathered his model, I’m looking forward to working to some colour rail photos I’ve got here, and modelling her so I can use it on Ruabon Brook one day, or equally a Cardigan branch layout...
I recently took out a paper subscription to Railroad Model Craftsman magazine. I have digital subscriptions of Trains and Model Railroader but it’s nice to get a paper magazine occasionally, so this year it will be RMC. It’s the first time I’ve had one in my hands, content seems varied, quality if modelling consistent and what I like is the lack of MR ‘beginners’ step by step articles. I get MR because I used to as a child, but I’m sure overtime it’s content has become a little ‘watered down’, perhaps with Model Railroad Planning and Great Model Railroads, or maybe a conscious choice to offer more of a newcomers magazine. With MR the good thing is production quality is high, even if paper quality isn’t... on RMC the quality of both seems good too... 
The lining transfers I had drawn up for the Irish conversion arrived, and were a good fit on the model. The frame edging was a bit tricky but I did it in sections. The tank and bunker sides were one piece and lovely and thin so they settled down easily over the Archer rivet detail. I’ve drawn and ordered some custom number plates to finish it off now, so in a box for a few weeks until they arrive.
Finally, whilst digging about for something else, I rediscovered my old Athearn SD40-2... the System liveried model was my first SD-40-2, the other one is one of Dad’s, posed here on Beaverbrook having been bought by TerraTransport for use on the Central Nova Scotia... yes thinking and ideas continue across both sides of the Atlantic on this interesting alternate prototype freelance railroad history in the Maritimes.

I hope you have a pleasant weekend. More new projects to come next week, up if you’ve got a commission you’d like to discuss then get in touch via the contact form here on the website, email, Facebook or the forum messaging. Until next time, more soon...

Comments