Commission: Irish 4-4-2t paintwork...

This commission involved re-finishing, painting and lining a model my customer had modified from an Oxford Rail 'Adams' tank to represent an Irish prototype...
The lack of yellow/black/red lining in an 'off the shelf' pack led to my commission, as being able to offer a complete painting and finishing service, including the design of custom transfers and plates allows me to offer a 'one stop shop'. I drew up the artwork on the computer, designing each panel to fit the model exactly. The 'Ulster Transport' decal was provided with the model, I believe from Rail-tec. 
The etched plates were a last minute addition, as my customer had hoped to supply these - but in the end I was able to draw some up and have them etched through my contacts at Light Railway Stores. These look great and finish off the side tanks. 
Although not an exact match to the prototype, I think the model captures the character well, and I hope my paint and lining have created a believable and well-finished locomotive that will be the pride of the fleet. If you have an unusual model to recreate, and don't think anything is available 'off the shelf' then get in touch. I can offer a complete scratch built, kit bash, or just finishing service using custom designed parts, decals or nameplates. Get in touch for a personal proposal. Until next time, more soon...


Comments