Three figures two scales…

I’ve been busy painting tiny people to crew a few projects, it’s not my favourite job, but it’s quite a nice way to spend time, with magnifying headgear and some good quality brushes…

Three very different project here too, and all from Modelu in one way or another. I’ve been experimenting with their range to see which would work in H0 to represent engineers, conductors etc. I’ve now crewed a few locomotives including the GE70t often seen on Kinross and the GE44t here. However with the 44t the figure was posed in such a way that it felt wrong, in this ‘mirror image’ pose he could at least have his other hand on the controls as he shoves these cars backwards…
The Model-Rail Rapido 16xx has a few lamps fitted from Modelu, and a Modelu scan of yours truly but printed on the Light Railway Stores in house printer by Steve for me, as an experiment. Although OO scale I’d pass for a taller H0 figure…
Finally a pair of crew for my Halifax South Western Railway GP15. The seated driver (1150) rests his arm, in a UK model of course the driver sits on the opposite side of the cab, so his arm actually rests on the regulator handle normally, but I think he works well in this setting. The shunter (1114) on the steps, works and perhaps I’ll get the same figure facing the other way too, as it’s useful for posing cameos.
So three trains, three prototypes, two scales… well it’s sunny outside and I fancy tidying up the tramway to run a few trains in the garden. I hope you’re enjoying the bank holiday weekend… until next time more soon…



Comments

  1. The figure in the GP15 looks made for the job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he’s a great match, although his hand is raised slightly at the wrist to rest on the regulator.
      The white glue used to secure him is still slightly visible in this photo but is now invisible.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.