Steam at the seaside…

There is something special about the Ffestiniog Railway, no matter how many times I visit I always love it…
This time it was only a brief stop by whilst going for a walk along the coast path with Janey, but timed to perfection to see Prince shuffling the coaches for the 11am train. The following walk along the coast was a wonderful tonic and although only a ‘few hours’ out away from the hum drum of life in the valley, it was a just what the doctor ordered. I hope you can get out and enjoy a railway fix wherever you are in the world. Until next time, more soon… 

Comments

  1. Though you've described where you live before it never occurs to me how convenient it is for you to visit places like this that I only dream of or know from rereading and savouring articles in favourite magazines. To have the Ffestiniog as the local railway...we need to see more photos and stories from trackside here.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious James, the FR and Borth Y Gest. It looks idyllic. I'm keeping myself going with a daily look at the FR webcams at the moment but hoping to get back up there later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both, I’m lucky to have it reasonably close, and the 1hr drive over from Llangollen isn’t a bad one either, Arenig in the mixed blue sky and shadows from clouds whilst covered in snow was spectacular… and I always enjoy a drive in the S3. It might be nearly 20 years old but I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.