Dyfrdwy Tramway: Between the showers…

May bank holiday, wouldn’t be the same without showers and so despite looking promising when I woke up this morning rain has halted play again…
I ran the Simplex 40S and angle framed Simplex brake van, all the way from the wharf to the quarry. It’s reminded me of a few maintenance jobs that need doing and a few projects I’ve put off for too long, including the lorry, the engine shed, the water tank, the office, the crane… another thing is the quarry, a scene I’ve never been happy with and now the turnout there has broken I wonder if it’s time to consider remodelling that section of the line this summer? 


Still a quarry but perhaps an adit and a higher ‘quarry’ face behind? Even if only a grassy hill, the current foliage is pretty but out of scale. We shall see… until next time, more soon…

Comments

  1. I envy your garden railway ... enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I am envisioning molehill 'slag' heaps and mole drivers as the mole kingdom enjoys the benefits of miniaturised industrialisation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both... I’ve made some progress on the Bedford lorry this weekend too, so things move forward.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.