Commission: Ruston Proctor in 006.5...

I’ve only ever built the prototype Ruston Proctor, and remember how much of a joy it was in terms of going together first time as designed...

I was really pleased when someone asked me to put one together for them, and have really enjoyed working on it. It’s been finished in Ruston green, with a brown chassis with the window spectacle frames and bell picked out in brass. The thin etched cab means the glazing is beautifully crisp in the frames, using Glue-n-glaze.

Pictured here without a chassis, as my customer is planning to add this to a Busch starter set to give them a head start in the scale. The range of 006.5 kits in the 6point5 range is limited, but has a lot of variety and I’ve used them to build an estate railway, industrial canal side line and a slate quarry, and have plans for another small line based on a peat works for the future.

If you’d like me to assemble one of the kits I designed for EuroNG, Narrow Planet, 6point5 or Planet Industrials get in touch using the contact form on the website, Facebook or the forum messaging systems and I can discuss your requirements and give you a personalised proposal. Until next time, more soon...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.