Friday Update: Seven Five Twenty-one...

The sunshine is back here in the valley today and it’s a welcome return since the rain and drizzle since last weekends storms. It lifts your spirits and warms my workshop nicely, it’s been a cold week so far...
Work has continued on prototyping parts for the Ruston LB in 7/8ths, and I’ll share a separate post on this soon with details of the gearbox design, it’s nothing new, but hopefully a design that embraces the possibilities with the scale for an increase in realism. Above the tools of the trade, and a variety of gearing and bevel gear options being considered...
I’ve also been helping out Bowaters models with more illustrations for current and future projects. I put the logo and catalog together for Jon a few years ago and it’s great to see his range expanding. If you have a design or illustration requirement, then get in touch, or take a look at some previous work here... 
The bank holiday on Monday and the day off yesterday have slowed things for this weeks update, but a parcel from Steve with a few test etches was eagerly opened - the test etch for my own Canadian National caboose conversion (above) and the Planet Industrials ‘Sentinel’ detailing kit below...
With a prevailing wind I can make some progress on these in the next few days, and all being well the Sentinel kit will be for sale in a few weeks. I hope you have a good weekend, I am in desperate need of a rest, feeling completely wiped out again at the moment. Until next time, more soon...

Comments