Plywood van for Kinross…

Well, apart from a final dressing down with the airbrush over the roof, the CN ‘van’ for Kinross is done…
The model is a TrueLine Trains wooden caboose with some etched brass overlays to represent the modifications CN did later on their life. This involved re-skinning them in plywood, and removing the roof walk ways. Later steel angle reinforcements were added to the cupola, I intend to draw some up and have them 3D printed later. 
The etch is a simple overlay, and has holes for the existing TLT brass handrails to be reused. I have painted it in a weathered CN orange with pre-shading. The transfers were custom drawn are the finishing touch. With the model complete I now have all the stock required for Kinross, and it is still the wonderful breath of ‘island’ air in my workshop when I want to look at something that is finished. Until next time, more soon…



Comments