Friday Update: Twenty-eight Five Twenty-one...

The sun finally arrived this week, and Janey amend I made he most of it yesterday with a day off and a long walk around Betws Gwerfil Goch and Rhug. In the workshop I’ve been working on a number of smaller models that will appear finished here over the coming week or so...
This hawthorn on the top reminded me of the one I built myself inspired by Gordon Gravett’s tree making books Christmas 2019. Twisted and knurled, blown by the wind, this would make a wonderful study, so I might try my hand at it over the holidays.
A line up of some of the OO models on the bench at the moment, all NCB models and representing all the available pure industrial ready to run OO at present, l-r EFE (ex DJM ex Kernow) Austerity, Hornby W4 with Planet Industrials conversion, Hattons Barclay with scratchbuilt coal bunker and my own Hornby B2. These hard working machines have been detailed, painted, custom transfers designed and sourced and weathered to match specific prototypes.
As the Canadian adventure continues I’ve sourced a kit of the wonderfully charismatic BC Rail CRS20 from a chap in Canada. I’m really looking forward to doing this model after I’ve finished the KasloShops GP9rm I’ve got on the bench at present.
Finally a second photo from the walk, and a path that feels in this photo like an old track bed and a forest regrown following clearing that feels like Canada. I hope you enjoy the bank holiday weekend. Holidays here next week but I’ve a few blog posts written in advance to keep things flowing. More soon...

Comments