On the Rails: The Wombles…

Last week I took the opportunity to take a ride on on one of the 'new' Transport For Wales 230 hybrid trains, intrigued to sample their performance and build quality first hand...

230007 (known as Wombles - presumably due to their London Underground origins) arriving at Wrexham Central on Tuesday 5th September about 9.30am. I caught the 9.35 service for Bidston.

66705 on the Dee Marsh to Margam GBRf operated steel train, loaded to 25 wagons.

  

230009 arrived whilst I was waiting at Hope, on a driver training run to Bidston.

150270 is a Northern unit on hire to TfW. It's been refurbished so is in good nick, but the 2+3 seating isn't as nice as the TfW units, and I swear it seemed to lack power and sounded a little less refined than the TfW units I've travelled on this year?

I enjoyed the experience, and again, the feeling of calm and wellbeing I find when on or near the railway. I hope this infectious energy comes across here, in writing, and through my videos - maybe I will see you around some time? Until then, more soon...






Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments