Friday Update: One Nine Twenty-three…

Wow, hopefully the last of the busy holiday season is almost behind me here in North Wales. This week has seen some tiny semblance of normality return as work begins to populate my bench again…


Last Friday I had the chance to nip down and watch the visiting Class 25 on the railway, the first time I’d seen it up close and it’s in great condition, wouldn’t it be lovely if it could stay a little longer! Sounded great leaving the village to, and later in the day (see later in this post) I bumped into Terry Pickthall at Corwen and had a chance to visit the cab, a real treat, thanks Terry.


The Ruston LB commissions are progressing, and as the week closes 3 of the four are cosmetically complete. Hopefully the final cabbed example will be similarly complete by early next week and I can add power, control, wiring and prepare them for the paint shop. 

Two yellow engines getting a panel line wash.

Despite work being a slow start I’ve enjoyed working on my own projects and with the girls and Janey away for a few days I had more time than usual and made good progress on both the two new projects. As you’ve seen this week Wrecsam is now on the wall and fully wired up. Gerald Road is painted and has a lid, and just needs the wiring finishing off - I’ve set myself the target of completing this over the weekend, it is an important milestone and I can’t put it off any longer… but never mind that, how great will it be to run trains on the layout under its own lighting… I’ll keep trying to remember that whilst not avoiding getting the soldering iron out!

Paxton Road top, with much larger Gerald Road underneath and Wrecsam Canolog bottom (tiny).

This week also sees the Farish 03 nearly finished, and hopefully I’ll share more on that next week.


 

Beaverbrook has continued to be enjoyed, not only through the shared TerraTransport and HMLX stories with Chris, but this holiday to get away from the busy house as well as a few operating sessions with my son. I have decided the next project will not be the smaller building, but the long complicated shaped one across the road from the Co-op. Building this will really transform how the scene feels and I’m excited to cut styrene in the coming week. 

 

I’ll close with a photo of some baking I managed this week! Lemon muffins, yum, baking (cakes) not making (trains) but enjoyable AND tasty never the less. Finally, a shot of the 25 from the park underneath Corwen station. Shame the locomotives don’t need to work very hard leaving as it’s a great spot to watch from! Whatever you get up to over the weekend I hope you enjoy yourselves and can find some time for trains in any form, be hat enjoying a book with a cuppa, some modelling or doing some train spotting. Until next time, more soon…



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments