Commission: British Finescale N gauge turnouts…

As I say on my Commissions page I’m able to offer you a unique model-making service taking your hopes and dreams and making them a reality…

That might be a simple weathering or renumbering of an existing model through to designing and building a complete model railway - and everything in between. Today I share 3 turnouts I have built using the excellent British Finescale kits for a customer who has been inspired to try N following my meandering adventures but had struggled on first time with these kits and had a deadline to meet for an exhibition! I’ve been happy to put these together, including bonded rails and droppers, to smooth his journey along. I’m sure he will enjoy the process without the time pressure, as I do, finding these turnouts a real joy to assemble.


I have no connection with British Finescale other than a satisfied customer. Here on the blog and on video I pay for everything I use - if I am excited about something or recommend its use then that is because I have personal positive experience. I enjoyed these kits so much, for example, that I did a build video that Wayne now uses on his own website!


If you have a model you’d like me to help with then get in touch for a personal fixed price proposal. You can use the form here on the website, the email from my Facebook page or the forums. In the meantime, there will be as usual, more soon…



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.


Comments

  1. A very interesting and informative video. I could almost be persuaded to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James

    Good video which clearly shows the techniques and even a few of the problems but ending up with a lovely turnout. As you said in the video it is difficult to realise they are N-gauge. I wonder if the techniques would also produce larger radius turnouts in 009 for instance. Having said that I feel at my advance years this may be a technique to far, but I seem to remember there is a similar product in the states for H0 so might try that at some time

    Best regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan, the video is quite old now, and I’ve learnt a lot but these turnouts are neatly designed. In British N they’re there easiest way to bull head track, in other scales I’d personally stick to ready to plant track!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.