On Video: Fiddle sticks for operation…

In yesterday’s blog I shared the latest of my cameo layout builds. This project however, basically a motive power depot with off stage stations is perhaps a useful analogy for others and the design of fiddlestick may suit others considering similar operation…


In this (shorter) video I talk about how the operation works, and demonstrate the simplicity of the cameo box design. I hope even if you’re not building a layout it’s entertaining - my apologies for talking into the sun, and the sudden ending (someone was coming down the drive!). Normal blog service will resume tomorrow, until then, more soon..,


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments

  1. Hi James

    I looked at both your recent videos and enjoyed them both. I think the "fiddlestick" idea with turnout rather than just plain track is an interesting and would certainly add to operation. I imagine it would work as well in other scales. What is your thoughts for H0 or 00n4. -is there a maximum size for the "stick do you think?

    Best regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan, I’ve build big fiddle sticks before now, which are really just shelf based - self supporting is much harder but it’s possible, just needs considering during design.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.