Commission: Wagon weathering…

In my latest book I talk about the role of the Lead Actor, discussing its characteristics and why it can be important to our story…


From one off 7/8ths scratchbuilds to individual wagon weathering, I am lucky to work on them all. This commission may seem small to many, but a single ‘lead actor’ item of rolling stock will help my customer begin his active railway modelling adventure in his retirement. The base Bachmann model is lovely, but with a little effort a more realistic and characterful item can be quickly produced.


I particularly like the wooden floor and the way the dry brushing has lifted the visual detail on the frames. I can’t wait to see how the wagon proves to be a catalyst for my customers project. If you’d like me to help you bring an idea or dream to life, get in touch for a no obligation fixed price proposal. Until next time, more soon…


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments