On video: A closer look at the Dyfrdwy Tramway...

With the fine weather about to come to an end with some rain forecast for later in the weekend I took the chance last night to undertake some maintenance on the tramway...


Until now I've not really had cause to do to much to the trackbed - it has held up well in our generally quite well draining soil and we don't get a lot of frost here - but some of the edges were breaking up on the lower tramway and so the chance to repair and rebuild some shale block walling was also the chance to put together this short overview of the railway. This has been requested by some for a while, and hopefully goes some way to satisfy those demands - although I expect some more 'running' videos will be next. Enjoy your weekends! Until next time, more soon...



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.


Comments

  1. Thank you for posting this, James. Unlike so many garden railways I've seen yours is delightful in its placement it into the scenery (and the ground) and how you've kept the plausible simple prototypical organization of the operation. It is so nice to see track at ground level, rails not overly overweight and curves of decent radius to the topography. The gates nicely further tie the track into the scenery. The oil tank scene is wonderfully understated and believable. I know more is to come yet the open character of the scene for now is immediately convincing; you almost have everything needed. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. Medium term I have so many plans, just not enough time. The garden line is pure creation, everything is made, and that needs focus and commitment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.