Friday Update: Nine Six Twenty-three…

A lovely week in the Dee Valley, a cool breeze yet warm sunshine most days, at least by mid afternoon and all evening. What a wonderful privilege to live and work here…


Some variety on the bench as ‘Falk #2’  moves towards primer. It is a real work of whimsy and scratch building combining new and old, recycled and repurposed! Who’d have guessed Austerity chimneys would work as part of a winch, and some old watch parts for the gear drive. Details that look a real mis-mash right now are just waiting to be tied together in grey primer…


Talking of primer, and Austerity’s… here is another commission - a project that I’ve been enjoying working with my customer on, developing his story and working out how to tell that through paint and weathering. This model will be an ex NCB loco in industrial service semi preserved, all will be revealed next week as the custom decals have just been designed and ordered. 


This week can’t go by without mentioning again the Llangollen Railway’s successful re-opening last weekend - wonderful to see our railway so busy. This, 31271 operated the first timetabled train to the newly reopened station at Corwen and marked a milestone on a journey started in 1981. A few extra photos and a video can be seen in a post from earlier in the week,


Whilst things have been busy on the bench for others, it’s been a a quiet week for my own work. There are new projects circling and I’ve noticed that as with last year, the completion of the book seems to reduce my creativity and mojo for a few weeks. I’m not worried, I love the hobby and I love the way we can follow our hopes and dreams to recreate in art something of the magic that these stir within our souls. Whilst nothing new is being ‘made’ plenty can be enjoyed, including Lochdubh above. Until next time, more soon…


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.



Comments