Slab carrier for the mill…

Good things come to those who wait, and waiting is exactly what the tramway has been doing for a good 12-18 months! I found building all the Hudson Hunslet and then Ruston LB, although great fun as each was a truly unique model, took all my energy for large scale modelling…


This creation, the product of Model-earth (although I have fitted larger wheels) is the second ‘Churchwater’ slab carrier I have built for the tramway and means that I’ve probably got enough now for ‘operations’. Putting together Si’s kits is a joy, and the quality of master and mould maker are clear to see in the results that my careful assembly painting and weathering show, I hope…


What use is the slab carrier without the slab!


I now need to construct a few bars to connect the wagons to one another when carrying oversized loads, as well as to the locomotive. Two loaded wagons will be quite a heavy load for my diesel locomotives, especially on the gradient, although I expect the Motor-rail 40S or Hudson Hunslet would manage. I’m slowly finding some mojo for the garden once again but whether it will lead to further ‘scenic’ detail along the line remains to be seen. For now though, it is progress and I’ve enjoyed it. More soon…



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments

  1. I've never cared much for garden railways but this one has charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James

    I have really liked your two recent posts on the tramway. They remind me of the real thing I saw forty or fifty years ago where the track has become almost part of the landscape and like this a "garden railway" seems just right, unlike those built largely on trestles ( although I understand the need for that in certain cases)
    I dug out a few of my photos which I think support the authenticity of your modelling and have e-mailed them to you. In none of these is there much if any signs of sleepers with the track buried in the land as you have done

    Best regards

    Alan


    Hope you had a good weekend with some railfan time. Liked you use of the ex-CN van on Beaverbrook. I have a Rapido version for my 1990's woods line. They were still using a similar caboose in 2015 at the Longview WA mill complex as a safer place for the crew to ride

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan, and for the email. Always good to hear from you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.