First train to Corwen…

Well, first revenue train to the newly opened station and what an achievement for the Llangollen Railway. First train 1981, goal achieved 2023…


And that’s without all the trials and tribulations of the last few years that we won’t mention here on this special day. I wandered down about half ten to the station in the village and took up perch at the end of the playing field to watch Brush Type 2 31271, it’s EE burbling along the valley on the approach to the level crossing. I also shot a short video that is on my Facebook page. A lovely day, and wonderful to witness. I hope you are enjoying the weekend, more soon…

Comments

  1. Hi James

    Congratulations to the Llangollen Railway for coming back and to you for capturing it. I hope the railway can keep things looking authentic. To me the train looks as I remember loco hauled stock in the 1970's. Although it might not be sort of railway/railroad I applaud the work of the volunteers in "keeping things real" and getting to Corwen .

    Best regards

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan, my miniscule part in capturing it, but also applauding the massive achievement yes, and not really my cup of tea either, I’d love blue and grey or regional railways!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.