True Line PSC van on Beaverbrook…

I remember back in 1989 when I was bought my first North American H0 scale locomotive, a Bachmann F7 in the CN tiger stripes, I was also bought a Life-like CN caboose…

Of course I later learned these were known as vans in Canada, but that model drifted about in my layouts being detailed and repainted several times. Back in 2020 as planning and research took hold for my Canadian adventure I became aware of the ‘True Line Trains’ CN ‘PSC’ vans, as well as their rarity.


So when Rails of Sheffield had one listed last week, for a very reasonable amount and then accepted my cheeky offer one became reality on Beaverbrook! Even better, for me at least, this was a CN liveried but unlettered example.


Oh decisions decisions, in the end I’ve gone with HMLX leasing markings on a lightly patched CN for one side (top and below). The second side will carry TT markings although I’ve not decided whether to label it TerraTransport or Dartmouth Terminal yet, so that can wait until my heart settles. For now though, even without weathering, the van feels exciting on the layout, replicating a ‘shoving platform’ for the 3 mile push from the main yard. From an operating perspective it makes things difficult as it throws the front siding out by not having enough space, as such, like the chemical tank car, it’s a plant. Something to make the brain need a little more of a work out, and looks good too…


Of course in time she’ll be weathered, but for now I’m enjoying operating the layout again. It has injected some focus into the project and the next structure is now in my sights for conversion from cardboard to styrene! Enjoy your Sunday, until next time more soon…


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments