Commission: 16mm lining…

Last week's Friday update headlined with an unfinished photo of this commission, a basic lining on an old Accucraft model, here I'm pleased to share photos of her out on the tramway, and finished...


She looks well here, her tired finish lifted by the application of red and grey lining to tank and cab sides. My customer wanted a worn and industrial finish but never-the-less that still means neat, parallel lines of consistent thickness. My Grandma's bow pen from her days in the 1950s as a draughtswoman at Simon Carves to create the straight lines and I cleaned up and tidied the hand painted corners with a cocktail stick before the lot was sealed with a mist of Humbrol gloss vanish.


In this instance my customer had already supplied the etched plates but I am happy to offer a complete lining and detailing service for your 16mm SM32 live steam (or battery powered!) models including design and or sourcing of nameplates, decals and lining - I am even able to offer my weathering methods as these will survive on a live steam model as I work with enamel paints.



Get in touch for a no-obligation fixed price proposal to your exact requirements. I can be contacted through the form here on the website or via Facebook (where you can email me too) or using the forums. Until next time, more soon...



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.


Comments