Down on Beaverbrook: Classic Canadian National…

Beaverbrook, a wonderful gift every time I flick the switch and it comes to life. Transported across the Atlantic and sometimes back in time, sometimes not even moving a train...


Even after a number of years I'm finding new (above, and enjoying old, below) photo angles - eye level viewing and the relative mass (vs my 'new' British N adventures) means this feels real, even without sound. That said, after recent tinkering the Athearn GP38-2W has been shuffling around lending a feeling of reality to the layout - after all GP38s are regulars on the spur today.


A model railway isn't just one element. This wonderful hobby means everything to me, the art in it all and the enjoyment that spans research, construction, modelling, operation, photography and sharing it with you all. I love sharing my passion, be that just words and photos here, video there or even better, helping you bring a dream or memory to life (get in touch for a personal fixed price proposal). Until next time, more soon...




Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments

  1. Hi James

    It looks as if you had an interesting weekend

    Your Beaverbrook module is always inspiring and when compared to the video of the real thing I can see how well you have captured the feel of the prototype even with some stand in structures . I am sure it will look even more lifelike as you develop the structures more . I also agree with you of the therapeutic effect of transporting yourself into the scene with a little switching or just getting another view of it bringing your work to life

    Best regards

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan, lovely to hear from you, thank you, I am looking forward to seeing this evolve in the coming months and years.

      Delete
  2. What a great set of images. In my mind I can here the rumbling of the idling diesel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, the black and white focuses us more closely on the GP, unifying the scene somehow letting our eyes see just the forms rather than being distracted by colour… that then means our imagination has space I think, to fill in the gaps, in photos like this!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.