Postcard from the Highlands...

I arrived that morning, across the water. Glimpses first of that infamous pier side location, then sounds as I disembarked the ferry and walked up the slipway, the distinctive idle of an Sulzer diesel discernible above the noise of lapping waves and the cries of seagulls. A short stroll across the road bridge and down the approach ramp and a scene I had lived through photographs in treasured books awoke before me…


Opening prose to an article penned for publication in 2024 where Lochdubh will be shared with the country. In the meantime, the arrival of 26040 has fulfilled the last of the 'boy hood' dreams of Scottish layouts and I'm resting easy, cosy and content in the feeling that all is well in my little slice of escapism.



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments