Narrow gauge dream…

The rain pours down outside. Droplets leave patterns on the glass of the double glazing. Inside it’s still August, we don’t have the heating on in August! Cold, dark, wet and miserable…


Perched up high on top of a layout commission sits Creech Barn. Four tiny but beautifully proportioned industrial narrow gauge locomotives collected around the sector plate. I see their forms outlined by the soft light diffused by cloud and rain - in that moment I’m lost to the world, calm, in myself. The model trains not a distraction nor a primary focus, more a conduit to a peaceful and mindful place. Rain outside but at peace within.

This last week of the summer holiday sees me surrounded by commission work of all scales and gauges whilst trying to find time to get the girls ready for school and not drowning in responsibility. Moments like this are a welcome distraction, reminder if you like, that I’m wired differently and that’s ok.

Until next time, more soon…


Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee.

Comments

  1. *
    "Four ….. beautifully proportioned ….. locomotives collected around the sector plate."

    I can see five locomotives. Which one is not "beautifully proportioned"?

    Or does the I/C loco not count as it does not appear to be on a track fed by the sector plate?

    Christopher Payne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The diesel is ‘under restoration’ and has no wheels… does that make it a locomotive or not? I decided the latter.

      Delete
  2. That reminds me of the Frankfurt Feldbahn museum

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.